Cat in a Flat Ltd. takes privacy seriously. The following five principles underpin our approach to respecting your privacy:
- We value the trust that you place in us by giving us your personal information. We will always use your personal information in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust.
- You are entitled to clear information about how we use your personal information. We shall always be transparent with you about what information we collect, what we do with it, with whom we share it and whom you should contact if you have any concerns.
- If you have any concerns about how we use your personal information, we will work with you to promptly resolve those concerns.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
- We will comply with all applicable data protection laws and regulations and we will co-operate with data protection authorities. In the absence of data protection legislation, we will act in accordance with generally accepted principles governing data protection.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including but not limited to your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including but not limited to name, skype address email, telephone number, address, postal code, pet experience, cat information)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including but not limited to name, email)
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Catinaflat.com is designed to allow registered users who will sit other users cats and owners to share information with one another in order to facilitate arranging sittings. Listings posted by owners and Sitters, ratings and reviews of owners and Profile Information (as defined below) of the sitters are visible to any visitor to the site registered or unregistered.
If you post any of your information to a public area of our Service, please be aware that it is no longer Personal Information for the purposes of this policy, and we or anyone else may use such information without restriction. If you provide access to Personal Information or other information, including your email address or name, to a limited set of other users through any of our privacy controls or other settings, please understand that Catinaflat.com has no control over how others may collect, use, or disclose such information.
Catinaflat.com Members and Users
When you register through the site and submit your Personal Information to create a profile webpage, Catinaflat.com users will see your first name and last name ("Required Member Identifiers"). You can choose what other Personal Information you provide as part of your profile ("Other Member Information") (together, your "Profile Information"). As part of the sign-up process to become an insured sitter, we will share your details you filled in the registration form with our Insurance company. We will display your Profile Information in your profile page. Any information you choose to provide as part of your profile should reflect how much you want other Catinaflat.com users to know about you. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and we encourage members to think carefully about what information about themselves they disclose in their profile pages. You can review and revise your profile information at any time.
Owners mobile, emergency contacts and description will only be made visible to the selected sitters after they confirmed availability.
If you post a listing, we may publish that listing anywhere on the Site. We will also display the geographical location of your listing in the form of a map so that potential guests can see the general area and neighbourhood of your listing, but your actual street address will not be disclosed until you enter the service agreement.
Using your personal information
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- where you have specifically agreed to this, send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post, email or similar technology (and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service).
- We will also share the sitters personal Information with our insurer as part of the automatic insurance sign-up process.
- Share information with partners and integrated services.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us in the Terms & Conditions.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International data transfers
Personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Storing your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
All electronic transactions entered into via the website will be protected by encryption technology (SSL - Secure Socket Layer).
We do not store credit card details nor do we share to any 3rd party.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
Your account details will be deleted within 30 days upon request.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law. You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information, which we hold about you, needs to be corrected or updated.